Cannot login to Netgear Router
I cannot login to Netgear Router. What should I Do? Well! This is the most common concern faced by many users. Fortunately, with the help of some simple troubleshooting steps, you can fix this problem. There could be several possible reasons due to which you may not log in to your router. So, if you are also facing the same trouble and cannot login to Netgear router, read this post. Here, we are going to share the simple steps that can help you to fix the problem. Read on and follow the easy guidelines that can help you to fix the trouble instantly.
Why is routerlogin.net not working?
To login to the Netgear router, the user needs to visit the routerlogin.net and enter the default login credentials. Sometimes, issues like poor WiFi connectivity, wrong username or password, outdated web browser do not let the users log in. If you cannot login to Netgear router, you can follow the troubleshooting guidelines below and fix the issues. Once the problem is resolved, you can log in and manage the router settings as per your desire.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix ‘Cannot log in to My Netgear Router’.
Check and make sure that you are using the correct web address for my username and password to login to your Netgear router.
- The web address of login is; www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com.
- The default username is ‘admin’.
- The default password is ‘password’.
Important: If you have changed the username and password of your router, then you need to type the new username and password. In case you forgot the password, you need to reset it.
- To log in, you can use the web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge. We recommend you to use Google Chrome. Also, do not forget to clear the cache memory. Also, make sure that the web browser you are using is up to date. If the browser is outdated, you won’t be able to access the router admin panel.
- To log in, you must know the default Ip address of your router. If you are using the Wired connection, we recommend you to try using the Default Ethernet connection. You can also connect it to the WIFi with a 5Ghz band. Sometimes, the 2.45 GHz does not let the user access the router admin panel.
- Try to login using a different device like a smartphone or tablet.
- If you are connected to more than one network at the same time ( Wireless, Wired, VPN, or Corporate Connection), you will not be able to access the web interface of your router. Thus, you need to disconnect it from any additional VPN connection or internet that only connects to your router.
- If you still cannot login to Netgear router, disable the Firewalls, Pop-up Blockers, and Ad-Blocking software.
- Power cycle the modem, router, and the other connected devices ( including the computer, tablet, smartphones, laptops, and game consoles).
- If none of the aforementioned steps helps you to fix the concern, we suggest you factory reset your router. All you have to do is to press the reset button on your router for a few seconds to set it back to its factory default settings.
- After resetting the router, log in it to using the default username and password.
- Click on the ‘advanced’ tab.
- Under the ”Router Information”, the IP address of the router should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- If you want to avoid further Netgear router login errors, you need to make sure that router firmware is up to date.
- Click on the Advanced>> Router Update >> Check. In case, the update is available, tap on Yes to install it on your device.
Hopefully, after following these simple troubleshooting steps, you would be able to fix the ‘Cannot log in to my Router’ issue. The troubleshooting steps will surely help you to fix the issue. But, if you are still unable to login, we recommend you contact the Netgear experts and get professional advice to find the best possible solution to your problem.