Netgear Nighthawk router login
Once you have completed the Nighthawk installation on your device, the next step is Netgear Nighthawk router login. This is the most important step for router personalization. Once you are successfully logged in, you can access all the configuration settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router and make the changes as per your preference. In this post, we are going to share a simple step by step instructions that can help you with the Netgear Nighthawk router login on your device. So read on and follow the simple steps to log in to your router without any hassle.
Netgear Nighthawk router login: Guidelines To Follow
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect to the Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Now, you have to check and make sure that the device and router are connected to the stable and active internet connection.
- If the internet connectivity is good, you can proceed further and open any web browser on your device. It is highly recommended to use the Google Chrome web browser. Although, you can also use the Mozilla Firefox, Edge, or Internet explorer.
- In the address bar, type routerlogin.net and hit the enter button.
- This will take you to the Nighthawk login page. In case, the web address is not working, you can use the default IP address of your Netgear Nighthawk router and that is 192.168.1.1. After that, hit the Enter button.
- The login screen will appear where you need to enter the username and password.
- By default, the username is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’. Both the username and password are case-sensitive. In case, you have changed the username and password, you need to enter the new login credentials.
That’s all! You are now successfully logged into your Netgear nighthawk router.
How to change the Admin Password of your Netgear Nighthawk router?
Keep your network protected from third-party access and the other online threats by changing its password. Below is the step by step guidelines to complete this task.
- Open any web browser on your smartphone or computer system which is connected to the Netgear nighthawk router network.
- In the URL bar, you need to type to routerlogin.net and then hit the Enter button.
- This will take you to the Nighthawk login window and ask you to provide the username and password details.
- Enter the username and password.
Important: By default, the username is ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’.
- The basic Homepage will appear on your screen.
- Find the ‘Advanced’ option and click on it.
- Now, you are supposed to enter your Old password for the router and then the new one. Reconfirm the new password you have entered.
- Enable the ‘Password’ recovery option. This option will help you to recover the password in the future in case you have lost it or forget it.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option to save the settings.
Unable to Login to the Netgear Nighthawk Router. What to do?
There could be several possible reasons due to which you might be unable to login to Nighthawk router. Here are some troubleshooting guidelines you can consider to fix the problem:
- Make sure that your Netgear nighthawk firmware is up to date. Outdated firmware could also be the reason that you are unable to login.
- Check and make sure that you are entering the correct username and password. Most of the time, users carelessly enter the wrong password which causes them trouble. If you don’t know the username and password, you can check it on the router.
- Make sure that your device and router are connected to the same network.
We hope that after following these simple steps you would be able to login to Nighthawk router with your device. The mentioned guidelines are very simple and let you log in without any trouble. The post is also highlighting the troubleshooting steps that you can consider if your username and password are not working for the router login. However, if you are in trouble and unable to fix the problem on your own, we recommend you contact the Netgear Nighthawk experts and get professional advice to complete the task. The experts will always give you the best suggestion to the problem and make sure that nothing compromises your router experience.